Browsing our website
In the normal course of visiting this website, viewing pages, or downloading information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. We use this information to help us make the site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
- This information does not identify you personally. We can automatically collect and store the following types of information about your visit:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. (An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you go on the Web.)
- The domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account)
- The Internet address of the Web site, if any, from which you came to our site.
- The date and time you arrived at our site and how long you spent visiting the site.
- The name and version of your computer’s operating system and browser: for example, Windows XP / Internet Explorer 9. (This information is supplied automatically by your computer.)
The pages you visit
We may collect personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other demographic information, but only after you give consent. Personal information may be collected in various forms including contest entry forms, site registration and requests for information from GSW. We do not sell or rent information about our customers. GSW may use personal information collected for internal marketing purposes such as market research. It may also be used to contact you about latest product information or promotions. We will not contact you for marketing purposes without your consent. GSW may also provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personal identifying information.
Some pages on this website employ browser session “cookies.” A cookie is a small piece of data that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk to allow the server to distinguish your session from that of others while you are connected. Requests to send cookies are not designed to collect information about you, but only about your “browser session.” The cookies make it easier for you to use the dynamic features of our web site. The cookies and the information about your session are automatically destroyed shortly after you close your browser. The information is not permanently stored on your computer. We do not collect personal information about you except as described above.
We try to take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information about those that may want to use our website.
We enforce a high level of protection for securing transmissions between a user’s browser and this website. Further, we try to link only to sites that share our standards and security concerns. However, we cannot take responsibility for the content or security practices employed at other sites.
Please be aware that the confidentiality or security of any information you send to us over the Internet when using e-mail is not guaranteed. We shall not be liable for any breach of confidentiality resulting from such use of e-mail via the Internet. However, we will communicate back confidential information using a secured e-mail account.